[SIGCIS-Members] Introducing myself

Jay Hauben hauben at columbia.edu
Thu May 7 07:46:50 PDT 2009

Hi Paul,

I again recommend as an accessible and still mostly timely book
documenting the history of usenet and the internet, Netizens: On the
History and Impact of Usenet and the Internet, by Michael Hauben and
Ronda Hauben. In addition to the print edition distributed by Wiley
and Sons, there is the online edition at

http://www.columbia.edu/~rh120/.

The book is still being read especially as netizens exercise their
voice and power in countries like China, S. Korea, Egypt, and
Indonesia.

Good luck with your history course.

Take care.

Jay