[SIGCIS-Members] Speakers needed: Vintage Computer Festival East 6.0

Evan Koblentz evan at snarc.net
Fri Jul 10 14:41:39 PDT 2009

As many of you know, I produce an annual hobbyist convention, the
Vintage Computer Festival East.

This year's event is Sept. 12-13 at the InfoAge Science Center, located
in Wall, New Jersey.

VCF has two parts: morning lectures, and afternoon exhibits.  The
afternoon part is like an antique car show, the difference being that
everything is running!

But we're in need of some guest speakers.

First, we need a keynote speaker.  Some of our past years' speakers were
David Ahl (of Creative Computing magazine), Steve Lukasik (of the
ARPANET), Chuck Peddle (MOS 6502), and Bill Mauchly (son of John.)

We also need some "regular" speakers -- people who have expertise in a
particular history topic, but may not have actually been there when
history was made.

Remember though, this is a hobbyist convention, not an academic
conference.  All are welcome, but anyone who shows up in formal attire
will be (ahem) "shot" on site.  :)

Anyone interested should email me privately.

Thank you.

- Evan  (evan at snarc.net)