[SIGCIS-Members] IT History Database Contest

Jeffery Stein jeffery at IThistory.org
Thu Dec 17 11:42:49 PST 2009

IT History Society
December 17, 2009
   The IT History Society wanted to let you know of a contest to build
   for everyone's reference on the IT History Society website an
   international database of all IT historical and archive sites.  This
   site will benefit IT professionals and students for research of our
   industry.

   We want to point out that the Society wants to incentivize everyone
   to join in the creation of this site, we are launching a contest that
   is open to all IT History Society members and anyone else in the
   international IT community.

   The prizes for the most submissions are -

   First Prize - A Kindle 2.0 cid:image001.jpg at 01CA41EF.50BB6CD0(You
   will love this!)

   Second Prize - An Apple iTouch cid:image002.jpg at 01CA41EF.50BB6CD0
   (Very cool!)

   Third Prize - An Apple iPhone cid:image003.png at 01CA41EF.50BB6CD0
   (Closing in on 100,000 uploadable apps soon - very hot!)

   Fourth Prize - An Autographed Copy of "The Digital Hand"   which
   comprises of 3 volumes by Dr. James Cortada
   cid:image004.jpg at 01CA41EF.50BB6CD0 (An ITHS Director and IT History
   Guru!)

   Fifth Prize - Your choice of autographed copies between the Digital
   Hand: How Computers Changed the Work of American Manufacturing,
   Transportation and Retail Industries, or How Societies Embrace
   Information Technology by Dr. James Cortada

   The Contest Rules-

   *	Contest end date:  January 31, 2010.
   *	Submitters:  Anyone (a member of the Society or not) can submit an
   entry.
   *	Duplicate entries:  All entries may be submitted even if other
   submitters put in the same entry
   *	Submission of entries:  all entries are to be submitted via the
   following URL
   <http://www.ithistory.org/resource_sites/resource-form.php>
   http://www.ithistory.org/resource_sites/resource-form.php  with the
   following required fields:  Institution, Country, Institution URL,
   Sector site services (Public, Private, Academia, Research, or Other),
   and your (the submitter) email address.  Any additional information
   would be appreciated. There is no issue if each participant have
   aides submit entries under one email address.
   *	Minimum total submissions:  If there are fewer than 75 submissions,
   the contest can be terminated and no prizes will be awarded (We will
   extend the contest before the January 31 deadline, if we expect fewer
   than 75 submissions.)
   *	Winners:  The winners of all the prizes will be those entrants with
   the most legitimate entries.
   *	Award announcement:    Contest winners and their awards will be
   notified by email after the tallies are completed.
   *	Rights:  The IT History Society reserves the right to reject any
   entries and or participants based solely on its own judgment that the
   entries are not within the spirit of the contest.

   We are optimistic that the contest will be a success and valuable to
   our fellow professionals.  Please spread the word and point
   colleagues to this email and the contest URL -

    <http://www.ithistory.org/resource_sites/resource-form.php>
   http://www.ithistory.org/resource_sites/resource-form.php

   Anyone who wishes to join the IT History Society (membership of the
   IT History Society is not required to enter the contest), please
   refer them to the application for membership link at
   <http://ithistory.org/membership/member-form.php>
   http://ithistory.org/membership/member-form.php

   Questions?   Please address them to  <mailto:info at ithistory.org>
   info at ithistory.org