[SIGCIS-Members] RCA Bizmac and 501 lecture

Evan Koblentz evan at snarc.net
Mon Aug 10 19:47:32 PDT 2009

Back on July 10, I posted asking for guest speakers for the upcoming
Vintage Computer Festival East 6.0 (Sept. 12-13, InfoAge Science Center,
Wall, New Jersey, USA) ..... good news, we scored a great keynote
speaker.  Ted Hurewitz worked on Bizmac (tube computer) and the 501
(transistor computer) for RCA at its Camden, N.J. facility in the
1950s.  His lecture is scheduled for 10:30 a.m. on Sat. the 12th.

Also: the event flyer is at http://www.snarc.net/vcfe6.pdf ..... I would
sincerely appreciate any help from SIGCIS members to spread the word.
Please share the link and/or print the flyer and distribute it as widely
as possible.  Thanks in advance!!

- Evan