[SIGCIS-Members] Martin Weik?

grier grier at gwu.edu
Tue Apr 21 06:57:10 PDT 2009

Evan,
	There was an article in the Annals about ENIAC's move to Aberdeen,
though it dealt less with the issue of the move itself than the
reconfiguration of the machine.  It was by Hans Neukom and was
entitled "Second Life of ENIAC".  It was in the October 2007 issue.

	The records of the Aberdeen Proving Ground are actually in the
Philadelphia office of NARA.  They are in a bit of a mess but they do
contain more of the day to day operations of the machine and hence may
have more material on the move.  (They have a card index file that
promises to have a tremendous amount of information but it is badly
scrambled and nearly impossible to use.) The Smithsonian has the log
book, or at least the parts that survive in public hands.  And you are
right, the Army's central records on the project at at NARA.

David