[SIGCIS-Members] Reminder - SIGCIS list has a DIGEST option.

Thomas Haigh thaigh at computer.org
Fri Apr 10 13:02:00 PDT 2009

Hello everyone,

We now have more than two hundred people on the list, not all of whom have
history of computing as their primary interest. So if you like to stay in
the loop but don't want to have your e-mail box filled with too much SIGCIS
material you might consider the Digest subscription mode. This will
consolidate all list messages from a day into a single email for you to read
when convenient. (The downside: you have to look inside the message to see
the subject headings).

While the list is generally pretty quiet, we do sometimes have flurries of
email when discussion breaks out. (Just a reminder -- anyone on this list is
able to post directly by sending a message from the address at which they
receive SIGCIS messages to members at sigcis.org. For the acceptable use policy
see http://www.sigcis.org/?q=node/14).

scroll down to the "Members Subscribers" section at the bottom of the page.
Enter your email address in bottom field and click the adjacent "Unsubscribe
or edit options" button. The system will then prompt you for the password
you were provided when you subscribed (or when we shifted hosting to
sigcis.org). That e-mail was titled "Welcome to the 'Members' mailing list."

If you forgot or cannot find your password, click the "Remind" button at the
bottom of the same login page. You will promptly receive your password via
e-mail.

After logging in, you will be able to change your subscriber options. To
enable digest mode, scroll down to "Set Digest Mode" and set it to "On."
Then scroll down further to the bottom of the page and click "Submit My
Changes."

Also don't forget that that you can catch up with the list archives at
http://sigcis.org/pipermail/members/.

It's great to see traffic on the list, but I wouldn't want anyone to be
scared away.