[SIGCIS-Members] Please review/update/create SIGCIS directory entries

Thomas Haigh thaigh at computer.org
Mon Oct 6 10:03:12 PDT 2008

Hello everyone,

With the annual meeting coming up there is no better time to update your
member profile and description of research interests at
http://www.sigcis.org/?q=profile. As we will have 40 people or more at the
lunch there won't be time for everyone to make a public introduction. We
will stick with the practice of recent years and pull together the online
statements from attendees for precirculation. You'll then know who at the
conference has relevant interests and can keep an eye out for them.

I will be distributing the directory of SHOT attendees by email on Thursday,
so if your entry is updated then please

Of the two hundred or so SIGCIS members only about 70 have directory
entries, and about 20 of those are blank. Populating or creating your
directory entry is a great way of introducing yourself to the community. It
may be particularly useful for graduate students. This is the community hub
for people with a scholarly interest in the history of information
technology.

We still don't have a new secretary, so I am handling the reminder myself
this year.

Here's how to create or update your directory entry:

1.       Login to SIGCIS here: http://www.sigcis.org/?q=user. You should
have received an email with your password when you registered. If you've
forgotten your password, then go here
http://www.sigcis.org/?q=user/password, enter your email address, and it
will send you a new one. If you were on the listserv prior to our move to
SIGCIS.org then you may not have a SIGCIS account, but creating one is easy.
http://www.sigcis.org/?q=user/register

2.       The system will then take you directly to the screen where you view
your member profile.

3.       To edit the member profile click the "edit" tab toward the top of
the screen.

4.       Then to get to the screen with your affiliation and statement of
interests click the "Member Information" tab which will have appeared just
below the "Edit" tab.

5.       Make changes, or paste in an updated statement. Then click
"Submit."

I just did mine - it really only takes a minute. While you're logged in, you
can change your password to something more memorable.

Best wishes,

Tom Haigh

www.tomandmaria.com/tom