[SIGCIS-Members] CBI offers deal on "Napier Tercentenary Celebration" volume

tmisa at umn.edu tmisa at umn.edu
Wed Mar 19 07:20:03 PDT 2008

Dear colleagues,

CBI has a deal for you: "Free books!"  "Going fast !!"  "Act now !!!"

Volume 3: Handbook of the Napier Tercentenary Celebration or Modern
Instruments and Methods of Calculation edited by E. M.Horsburgh; (1914);
New introduction by M. R. Williams; 8-1/2"x11"; 384 pp.; illus; notes; ISBN
0-262-08141-5; $45.00

This is one of the Tomash/CBI reprints in the history of computing. These
are very classy volumes, beautifully done, with introductions by leading
figures in the field. (Mike Williams is former ANNALS editor and 2007
IEEE-CS president.) http://www.cbi.umn.edu/research/reprints.html

Here's the deal -- Send CBI a donation that can cover postage/handling, and
we'll mail you a brand-new copy. We have a number in our basement, and have
been looking for a productive use for them. Just $5 for U.S. domestic
shipping (1-3 volumes); $20 overseas (each volume).

On-line, you can use a credit-card and make a donation to CBI here:
https://www.foundation.umn.edu/pls/dmsn/online_giving.start_null (<new
gift> --> "I would like to support" <Technology, Institute of> and "Special
instructions for your gift": <'Charles Babbage Institute'>). Finally, email
us <cbi at umn.edu> your mailing address.

Alternately, send a check and your address to us:
http://www.cbi.umn.edu/about/visitor.html

Best wishes,

Tom Misa

P.S. The fine print is true: up to 3 volumes for only $5.
"This deal won't last forever !!!!"

--
Thomas J. Misa

Director,
Charles Babbage Institute
211 Andersen Library
222 - 21st Avenue South
University of Minnesota
Minneapolis, MN 55455
612 624.5050 tel
612 625.8054 fax
http://www.cbi.umn.edu

Program for History of Science, Technology & Medicine