[SIGCIS-Members] 17th-19th c. exhibitions of computers

Theodore Lekkas tlekkas at phs.uoa.gr
Wed Mar 19 01:44:11 PDT 2008

Dear Bernard,

Telly Tympas and myself happened to have presented a paper on aspects of
the history of display of calculating and related artifacst at World Fairs
(it has been published as: Aristotle Tympas and Theodore Lekkas,
"Certainties and Doubts in World Fair Comparisons of Computing Artifacts",
in East and West: The Common European Heritage, XXV Scientific Instrument
Symposium Proceedings, Ewa Wyka, Maciej Kluza, Anna Karolina Zawada
(editors), Jagiellonian University Museum, Krakow, Poland, 2006,
295-300.
(I would gladly sent you a copy if you want to look at it and you
have difficulties finding the book).

Telly had a stored box with archival material from research on the history
of display of computers at several World Fairs, to which I have added
references from the secondary literature. If you want something more
specific, I could go back and check that stored box.

Best,
Theodore Lekkas